Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow day!


This past week has been a bit crazy in the Seattle area!! We were warned of an upcoming snow storm, and practically all the school districts between Olympia and Bellingham closed on Wednesday in anticipation of snow. Yep - you read right - in anticipation! Sure enough ~ no snow ever came on Wednesday, but we actually did get a few inches on Thursday and the kids enjoyed it to the fullest!! The first time they went outside, daddy said there wasn't enough snow for a snowman, so instead they headed down the street and joined our friends for a bit of "driving" around. Aidan even got to enjoy some sledding on a snow hill that our neighbors had built. The next outing came after dark as Eric and the kids thought it was tons of fun to explore the white neighborhood and play at the park for a bit with flashlights! Needless to say, I was very happy to use Mylie as an excuse for why I couldn't go out in the cold. Thanks Mylie ~ I owe you one! :)

No comments: