Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mommy and Katie's date ~ the Nutcracker!

Darling Katie at the Nutcracker!
A while back, Eric and I discussed how important it is that we begin "dating" each of our kids ~ more specifically, spending time with each one of them individually. Since then, we have made an attempt to spend time with each of our kids, without the siblings, doing activities that are of special interest to them. Katie's favorite date activity with me is usually shopping for new clothes (yep - I'm totally starting her early :)), but our most recent date offered a much more exciting opportunity.

Since Katie is my little dancer, I was very excited to take her on our most recent date ~ to the Pacific Northwest Ballet performance of the Nutcracker. Of course, everything is more fun with great friends, so we joined Tracy and Mary, as well as Stacy and Mia for this fun day! We started off our day with lunch at Buca di Beppo and then off to the theater. I can't believe how well all the girls did! It does help however that Barbie has a Nutcracker movie that all of the girls own and love. :) It was so fun to watch the girls quietly whisper questions to the moms about the show, and then turn and share this information with the others as if they had known it all along. GREAT friends, cute girls and a VERY fun day!!

Mom and Katie at the show!

Cute friends!


2 comments:

Jolie said...

I thought about taking my girls to this, but I think it will have to wait for next year. Eveybody looks so cute in their holiday clothes!

Michaelynn said...

I almost took Emma myself since Chance had discounted tickets to the 5th Ave, but she is still so young. I'm thinking about doing this in a couple of years. She loves that Barbie movie, too.