Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sun + Boat = FUN!


I LOVE boating!!! When I was growing up our family owned a sailboat, Sunshine was her name, and we spent all of our weekends and family vacations during the summer on our boat. I have always wanted to get a boat, to give my kids the same amazing experiences that I had as a child. What's the 2nd best thing to having a boat??? Having a friend with a boat! :)
Over the 4th of July weekend our good friends Heather and Jason invited us out on their new boat for an afternoon of sun, playing on the beach and inter tubing. It was awesome!!! This was the first time our kids have been on a boat, and it was an amazing first experience! I am so proud of all of the kids ~ Katie was able to get over being a little nervous at first and was VERY brave, Aidan was a great listener and was having so much fun that his constant squealing with joy was contagious, and Mylie actually fell asleep! Wahoo!

Not only did we enjoy the boat itself, we also drove over to the Kirkland Marina where we docked and walked to lunch, stopped for ice cream at a place where I used to go when we had our boat growing up, and played on the beach. The kids had a blast playing in the sand and the water with the dads, and Heather and I had a great time taking pictures and enjoying the sun. :) After enjoying our time on the beach, we headed back out on the water where both Katie and Aidan went on the inter tube with Eric. Considering that this was their first time on a boat, I think it is awesome that they both wanted to try out the inner tube!! After being the official child chaperone on the inner tube, Eric got his own high speed fun. What a great way to spend a beautiful Seattle afternoon! It definitely renewed my desire to get a boat for our family someday! My only requirement is that we have a cabin so that we can take overnight vacations throughout the Puget Sound area.

Aidan chillin' on the boat

Cute Katie ~ enjoying the ride!

Daddy and Aidan on the inner tube

Mommy grabbing a quick kiss from Mylie

Aidan made himself right at home with someone's bucket and shovel!

Katie and Payton enjoying their ice cream on the beach

Daddy and Mylie loving the sun!

No comments: