Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Baby Katie"? Not Anymore!! Happy 6th Birthday Katie!


It literally seems like just yesterday that Katie's nickname was "baby Katie" to all that knew and loved her. She is definitely not a baby anymore ~ my little girl is growing up right before my eyes! Even though I told her that she wouldn't be having any more birthdays, and that she wasn't allowed to get any older, she informed me that no matter what I said, her body was going to keep on growing and getting bigger. Darn if she isn't right about that one!

I have to admit that I do love all the new stages that we get to enjoy as our oldest is growing up. Katie is one amazing little, er, big girl! I love her sense of humor! She is always making me laugh! I also love how she tries to act older than she actually is - and the things she says while trying to be so grown up are SO funny! She also has the most amazing memory - literally!! There is no getting anything by this one and I have learned not to open my mouth unless I honestly intend on holding to what I say, because she will not forget - ever! Katie is also the most nurturing girl I have ever met! She is a little mother at heart - and is such a loving big sister to Aidan and Mylie. When she is at school, or at a party, etc, and she receives a treat or something else that she knows Aidan would like, she always makes sure to save some and bring it home for him. How many 6 year olds remember to save their treats for their little brother at home? She amazes me everyday with how caring and loving she is to those around her. Happy 6th birthday to my little (big) princess! I feel SO lucky to have Katie in my life!

Katie getting ready to make her bear
All done! Cute girls showing off their new pets!

Make a wish! Katie blowing out her candle!

Katie's Build-a-Bear cupcakes courtesy of dad!

No comments: