Thursday, April 2, 2009

Smarty Pants!

Usually I would post cute things that the kids say in the little section of my blog titled "Oh the funny things they say," but I am too proud and the situation is too long ~ so it warrants it's own blog entry. :)

I think all of my kids are very smart ~ of course. I need to do a blog entry for each of the kids - because they all are so amazing that they deserve mommy to brag about them, but today's entry is just about Aidan.

I can tell already that Aidan is my "book smarts" child ~ just like his dad. At 3 1/2, he knows all of his letters - capitals and lower case, and knows the sounds of all of them. He is also counting to at least 50 - and he hasn't even been to preschool yet. Maybe I am biased, but from what I have to compare it to, he is doing pretty good in my mind. :) So today Aidan and I were playing 'Sequence for kids' and having a snack of Fritos with our lunch. He pulls out one of the Fritos and exclaims, "mom look, It's a J!" Then he proceeds to say, "J (then the sound of the J), Jump" as he jumped the chip up and down on the ground. He then bit the chip (biting off the longer tail of the J) and looked at it and said, "Now it's a U - like Umbrella and Up."

I know I am quite a bit biased, but I am also quite a bit proud. :) Way to go buddy!

No comments: