OK seriously - what is it about boys and their video games?? I will admit that there has been more than one occasion when video games, or should I say the playing of the games, has caused a little bit of a rift in our marriage (to which Eric always reminds me that I have personally bought him every single video game system that he has ever owned in our marriage - don't worry, I don't know what my problem is either :)). Generally however, I really don't mind him being distracted with his own form of enjoyment. My real attention to this issue came when Aidan, who has always been my late sleeper and usually would sleep in until around 7:30, started getting up at 6 asking to play "the racing game" aka: Mario Kart
Wii. The one good thing I will admit to Aidan's new love of "Mario
Batari" as he calls it - is that I can get him to obey in a split second by simply threatening to put it on time out. :) Oh - the joys of manipulative parenting. Don't worry - we are
definitely managing this issue, but I had to share a few pictures that Eric took of Aidan playing when we first got the game. If you look in the bottom left corner of the TV screen in the pictures, you will see him moving up from 12
th place to the last picture where Katie is cheering that he took first. Oh boy! (literally!!)



1 comment:
I feel your pain sister. I posted about video games last year on my blog here: http://chanceandmichaelynn.blogspot.com/2008/07/evil-xbox.html
Its an epidemic!
Post a Comment