I have the best family!! I am keenly aware that I am the luckiest girl around, and Mother's Day always serves as an excellent example to me just how amazing my family is! Each Mother's Day starts out with he same tradition ~ I get to sleep in and the kids and Eric either bring me Strawberry Crepes in bed or come and lovingly invite me down for breakfast. This year, I woke up to the familiar smell of breakfast cooking and was immediately smothered with little kisses. Is there a better way to wake up in the morning? When I got downstairs I found a table full of beautiful gifts from each family member and a big "Happy Mother's Day" sign decorating the family room. One thing that always makes Mother's Day so special to me is that Eric lets the kids choose their own gifts for me. I love that!!!! I love that each of my gifts truly come from the heart. Katie gave me a beautiful key shaped necklace. I wear it everyday and love that it came from Katie! Eric said that he wasn't sure I would like it but it was Katie's choice so that is what they got. I honestly do LOVE it and the fact that it came from her makes it even more special! Aidan gave me a Strawberry Topsy Turvy plant. He was so excited that I would now be able to grow my own strawberries and I wouldn't have to buy them from "Costco" anymore. :) So cute! Eric and Mylie gave me a beautiful pair of earrings. I know it might seem strange to write about the gifts they gave me, but I want to record it because each of these gifts came from the heart and that's what means so much to me!
The rest of the day was just as special! Church was beautiful and we had a delicious buffet during Relief Society. We also received letters from each of our family members (or pictures in the case of the younger kids) telling us how much they love us. That evening Eric made me my favorite dinner (Catalina Chicken) and we relaxed with the family. I couldn't have asked for a better day! I am one lucky girl!
Me and the kids ~ with the sign
The morning art project ~ Love it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment