Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2nd Grade Already??


I am like a broken record! I know that I am always saying "where has the time gone", but with every big milestone I still fight with the question! Katie started the 2nd grade today and she was SO excited! We were able to go and meet her teacher yesterday and she seems awesome. She was very nice and I think she will be a perfect fit for Katie! Ironically, this was the one 2nd grade teacher that I didn't want her to have, but I guess this is a lesson to me that I shouldn't take too much stock in the opinions of others when it comes to teachers. I am slowly learning that since every child is so different, every teacher is better for some than others - and I think this teacher will be GREAT for Katie. You also have to take into account that her best friend is in her class again - for the 3rd straight year! I'm not sure how we keep getting so lucky - but we will take it! :) I did have to laugh at Katie this morning because she woke up at 6:30 ready to go and all excited for her first day. She remained excited until about 8:15 (her bus comes at 8:30) at which point she decided that she wasn't sure she was ready for the school year to start. :) One great thing about Katie is that she is very outgoing and has always been great about new environments and willing to meet new people. I LOVE this about her!


Apparently she had a great 1st day, because she was all smiles when she got in the car at pick up. When I asked her how her first day went, she said "AWESOME!" She has since told me that she just wants to go back to school! I guess you can't ask for more than that! I'm so happy for her and I am looking forward to another amazing year!

2 comments:

Tamaratravel said...

It's amazing how quick time goes when you don't want it to..Katie is so cute and will be an awesome 2nd grader...

Jolie said...

Hopefully it keeps going...yeah for 3 years in a row!