Saturday, February 6, 2010

Someday I will pay for this.....



I know that someday I will pay for posting pictures of Mylie sitting on the toilet for the world to see, but right now, it is worth the price. :) My big girl Mylie used the potty today for the first time today!!! At 21 months, she is definitely the youngest of our three kids to show interest in using the potty, but I shouldn't be at all surprised since she LOVES to do everything her big sister and brother do! I have to admit that this potty event was probably a bit of a coincidence ~ that she was most likely just lucky to be sitting on the potty when she tinkled, but I will celebrate her success anyway! :)

We put the toilet out for her a few weeks ago because she has definitely been showing signs that she is becoming much more aware of her potty needs ~ and does not like to be sitting in a wet diaper and will bring us all of her diaper changing supplies when she poops, asking us to change her. We figured that since she obviously doesn't love being dirty, why not introduce her to the potty. So ~ the other day while we were at an appointment for Aidan, she told me "poop". I figured that she meant she already went, so I checked her diaper and found it only to be wet. After changing her, she once again told me "poop". This time we went into the bathroom ~ and honest to goodness ~ the girl pushed. Although she didn't have any success, I was amazed she knew what to do! Sure enough, about 5 minutes later, she did the deed in her diaper. That's when I realized that she must be becoming aware of the sensations of when she needs to "go". Good news right?! All of this background is just to lead up to tonight (and because this is my journal as well as my blog so I must put in all of the good details! :)). Tonight as I was getting ready to change her diaper, I asked her if she wanted to go sit on the potty, to which she said yes and ran into the bathroom and sat down on her seat. Within a couple of minutes or less, the music in the potty started playing ~ telling us she had succeeded! Wahoo!!! Way to go Mylie! This really is a big day ~ at least in the life of a parent!!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

YAY! I hope it sticks! That's SO nice! Definitely a big day for both Mylie and Mommy!