Tuesday, February 9, 2010

100th Day of School

Last week Katie's teacher requested that we send in a bright red tube of lipstick with our kids that we didn't want to have returned to us. Since I LOVE Katie's teacher, I didn't even question the purpose for this request, and actually figured it had something to do with decorating their Valentines Day boxes. Yesterday I was talking on the phone to my girlfriend ~ who is my carpool buddy ~ while she was picking up Katie and her daughter from school. I heard her gasp and ask Katie what was all over her face and then ask if I knew what she had been doing in school. :) This is what I saw when Katie got home....


As it turns out, yesterday was the 100th day of school for this year, so to mark the day, the kids kissed a paper 100 times with their bright red lips. Love it!! Here are a few more pictures that Katie's teacher sent home. I had to take a few of my own (like the one above) because it shows the "after affect" of the kisses - lipstick on the nose and chin. :) Oh - and my favorite part is the message I got from Katie's teacher last night. She said that the kids had been commenting on how perfect Katie's kisses were on the paper, and she told them that she practices with lipstick at home so she is really good. LOL! Got to love her!

Putting on the glam...

Nice lips pretty girl! :)

Katie's cute class with their bright red lips

Katie's crazy class!



1 comment:

Jolie said...

Oh I'm so sad Sophia was absent that day! Looks like the kids had a blast. I put together their 100 day books today and got plenty of lipstick (off the paper) on my hands :-)