Monday, November 16, 2009

Planes, Trains and Automobiles


Who needs to buy one of those expensive car play mats when the kids can make one with daddy and it's 1/1000 of the cost and way more fun?! Tonight after dinner, the kids were getting restless, and Eric suggested that they all create a "road" map - with roads where Aidan could drive his cars, and houses and other buildings where Katie could play with her Polly Pocket dolls. I think half of the fun was coming up with all of the things that they would draw on the map, but creating it and then playing with it proved to make for a very fun family event. I honestly thought that after they had finished creating the map - which was complete with roads, neighborhoods, a gas station, police and fire stations, airport, school and various stores such as Blockbuster, Subway and Roundtable Pizza, that they would be bored and move on to the next activity. I was pleasantly surprised when we had to pull them away from their creation so that they could get ready for bed. Although it takes up our whole entry way, I promised to leave it up for a while so that they can enjoy their efforts.


Just in case I haven't expressed how much I love my husband.... He is an amazing man and an even better father! One of the reasons that I fell in love with him is because I knew that he would always be a Toys R Us kid! He definitely enjoys getting down and playing with the kids and their toys as much as they enjoy having him.

Katie working on the school house


Mylie making sure she added her contribution to the map

Daddy working on the water park and airport
Aidan adding the water slides at the water park

Mylie taking a break from the drawing to play with mommy's phone

1 comment:

Colleen said...

What fun! A very good, and time consuming, activity for those great kiddos. I love that there was a Roundtable...mmm, so yummy!