I can't believe that it has taken me 2 months to post about Aidan's first day of preschool! It was such a big day for our little guy! We are so proud of him and he is doing excellent adapting to preschool and being away from home for a few hours. He is our little drama king, and so there has definitely been a few days where he would play shy and want me to come into the classroom with him when I dropped him off, but he would run straight in and sit down in "circle time" and I could just walk out with no problem.
So far Aidan has proven to be a little social butterfly just like his big sister. He loves his friends in his class and always rushes ahead when we are leaving school to walk out to the car with one of them. He also knows all of the names of his classmates and loves to tell me who was absent on any given day. So cute!
Aidan also has an amazing memory, just like his dad! He already can count up to, and recognize numbers up to 100, he knows all of his letters and letter sounds and is beginning to read and spell words. He LOVES math and counting! He counts everything from my toes to the items in my shopping cart at the grocery store and loves to do subtraction and addition. He will count the number of items in my cart, ask me how many more things I need and then tell me how many we will have total when I am done. For example, if I have 10 things in my cart and need 3 more things - he will inform me we will have 13 things when we are done. Then when I add another item, he will tell me we have 11 items and now only need 2 more things. He is a smart little cookie - if I do say so myself!! Like I mentioned, he is also starting to read and spell and loves to ask me how to spell things and then can remember them from then on out. He has really figured out the sound made by "ow" and I can ask him how to spell words like now, cow, how, wow, etc and and he gets them right every time. I only wish I had a memory like my 2 boys!
This is definitely going to be an exciting year for Aidan and we are so proud of him and excited for all of the new things that he will learn during his first year of preschool!
Cute preschool boy on his first day!

Katie, Aidan and Mylie
Katie and Aidan - cute school kids!

Aidand his teacher Miss Kim (my flash wasn't working! UGH!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment