
So - I'm a day late - but I think it has taken me this long to come to the conclusion that this is real - and my oldest child is now in the public school system! Whoa!
Yesterday was the day - Katie's first day of school - and she did it - better than I did I must add! :) From the moment she woke up she was asking if it was time to go to Kindergarten yet (yes - that's what she calls it - Kindergarten, not school). It was also supposed to be her first day at her new gymnastics studio, but I had planned on skipping the first day because I figured that I didn't want to wear her out before her first day of school. Well -that idea lasted a whole 2 seconds until I realized that if I didn't get her out of the house I was going to have listen to her ask when the bus was going to come for 5 hours straight! PM Kindergarten is going to be the end of me I have decided! So, after gymnastics in the morning for both Katie and Aidan (Aidan is in his own big boy class now - no more mommy and me! YEAH) we had just enough time to clean up, have lunch and meet the bus. I think that the best part of the new school for Katie just might be riding the bus! She was SO excited for the bus to come! After plenty of pictures and only a few tears shed behind my sunglasses, Katie was off. Of course, being the first day, Eric, Aidan, Mylie and I got straight in the car and followed to bus so we could take more pictures when she got off at school. I'm glad that she doesn't get too embarassed by us yet! :)
I also had a first yesterday - the first time waiting in the parent pick up line after school. CRAZY!! Lots of kids, TONS of cars and a very small parking lot made for a whole new experience for me. I had to laugh when she got in the car however. Her very first comment wasn't about her new school, her class, what she did during the day, etc. Instead, she said in a very firm and quite frustrated voice, "I didn't want you to pick me up, I wanted to take the bus!" Well, it's good to know where I rate on her newly expanded scale. :)
So - that was it. The first day of Kindergarten was done. Katie was very tired and getting very much information out of her was a little like getting her to pick up the playroom, but in little spurts we found out that school is great! Day 2 of school began with Katie, already dressed, asking to get her hair done and wanting to know when the bus was coming as she was standing at my bedside waiting for me to wake up. Since that was about 7:30 a.m. and the bus doesn't arrive until 12:35 p.m. I guess I can assume all is well with school. :) All in all - I think we all did pretty well with this big new experience. 



2 comments:
Wahoo! Yay for you Katie!! What adorable pics! Thanks for creating the blog Care and bringing HI a little closer to you on such a big day. Love you all! Auntie Jo and Uncle Dan
She is so cute...I have never seen her wearing glasses before...Happy School Days....
Post a Comment